Insuring your guns with us? You’ll get more than dependable coverage and best-in-class service. Here’s what to expect when you buy Firearm Insurance from Lockton Affinity Outdoor.
Why You Should Purchase Insurance for Your Guns
As any fan of shooting sports can tell you, firearms and their accessories aren’t cheap. Whether you have one gun or many, the cost to replace them can quickly climb into the thousands of dollars.
While a homeowners, renters or auto insurance policy may provide some coverage, you may not be covered if your claim happens on the go, or your loss involves multiple, high-value items. That’s because these policies will limit coverage for firearms to claims related to your home or vehicle, with a typical cap of $2,500 per claim.
Insuring your guns on their own policy makes sense. Because whether you keep your guns at home or carry them with you, there is always a risk of damage, theft or loss. You protect other valuable items with insurance, and you can do the same for your guns.
What to Know About Buying Firearm Insurance from Us
If you’re considering purchasing insurance to protect your guns, you might be curious about the process. Sometimes it helps to know ahead of time what you can expect, so here’s how it usually works for Lockton Affinity Outdoor.
One of the first things you’ll notice is that buying Firearm Insurance is convenient. You don’t need to visit an insurance office or wait to call us on the phone during business hours. Coverage for your guns can be purchased online 24/7, whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Information about coverage is available on our website. You’ll also find a link to our online insurance application. When you open the application, you’ll notice you have a lot of choices.
- Choose a date you would like your policy to begin.
- Specify the value of items you would like to insure.
- Schedule higher-value items to more fully protect them.
Note that you are not required to provide us with serial number information to schedule an item. All that’s required is some basic information about the item.
The online application also asks for your contact info and a few other pieces of information. After you have made your coverage choices, you can follow the screen prompts to:
- View a summary of your policy details.
- Securely enter your payment details.
- Choose a password and create an account.
- Submit your order and complete your purchase.
After your order is processed, you’ll receive a confirmation email from us at the email address you provided. A PDF of your insurance policy documents will also be attached to that confirmation email for your convenience. If you don’t see our email, try checking your spam folder.
Other details to know:
- Your policy will be active for a period of one year from the effective date.
- The price of your order total is the cost you’ll pay for an entire year of coverage.
- As your policy’s broker and administrator, we’ll be your first point of contact for any questions.
Tips on Using Your Insurance Coverage
Once you have received confirmation of your Firearm Insurance policy purchase, you can rest easy knowing that your firearm property is protected. However, if you do have to file a claim, it’s easy to do.
To begin a claim with us, you’ll go back to our website, LocktonAffinityOutdoor.com. In the menu at the top of the page, click on File a Claim.
Fill in the info for the short online form on the claim page and submit. A representative will contact you to assist you with your claim and gather more information.
A few things to know:
- Your policy deductible applies per claim and not per item, meaning multiple items can be covered for one incident with one deductible. See your policy documents for more info.
- Some other policies can require you to file a claim with your homeowners or renters insurance first, but that’s not necessary when you have our Firearm Insurance.
- Remember that your firearm policy also protects your firearm accessories, such as scopes and slings, when they are attached to one of your insured firearms.
- If you need to file a claim about lost or stolen items, we do ask that you make a police report about the incident and provide a copy to us to process your claim.
- For a loss that involves unscheduled property, you’ll need to provide details of the items to process your claim, so be sure you keep track of your models and serial numbers.
More information about your coverage and the claim process is available in your policy documents. Be sure to read over them when you receive your policy.
Tips on Maintaining Your Insurance Policy
For most gunowners, insuring your guns is as simple as selecting your coverage and buying a policy. But if you have questions or need to make a change to your coverage during the year, you can do so.
Other tips to know:
- Be sure to let us know if you move, change your email address or get rid of items you’ve insured on your policy.
- If you want to add additional coverage or schedule a new or unscheduled item, just contact us.
- Make sure your total value for your firearms is accurate, and be sure to account for appreciation and inflation.
- When your annual policy period is nearing its end, we’ll send out an email reminder about renewing your coverage for another year, so be sure to watch your inbox.
With Lockton Affinity Outdoor Firearm Insurance, you receive coverage to replace or repair your guns and their attached accessories if they are damaged, lost, stolen or ruined in a fire or flood.
As one of the nation’s top firearm insurance providers, we insure more than $300,000,000 worth of firearms, so you can trust us to help protect your guns.
If you have questions about insuring your guns, we’re happy to help. Contact our firearms insurance experts at (844) 401-9444 or visit LocktonAffinityOutdoor.com.